A famous landmark in the city, the Mombasa Tusks were built to commemorate Queen Elizabeth’s visit to Mombasa in 1952. Constructed of aluminum, the tusks mark the entrance to the heart of town where visitors will find most of the banks, shops, and markets. The intersecting tusks also form the letter “M” for Mombasa.
This is a symbol of Mombasa city. The tusks are made of aluminum and mark the entrance to the heart of the city where most commercial activities can be undertaken by tourists.